I was on facebook and I voiced my opinion... vent

My sister works at a supermarket in southern cali. She has an attidtude because the shoppers are asking for paper bags, do to the plastic thing and pollution.
Well I told her that plastic recycling just causes mess all the way around. Plants dumping waste in water supplies to us small towns, ect...
Then Chemicals in the plastic...

http://www.theecologist.org/how_to_make_a_difference/cleaner_air_water_land/468768/beyond_plastic_bags_stopping_plastic_pollution_at_source.html

Anyway's she is just lazy and unknowledgable of things. She soends most her money mixing drinks and complaining on people.

So I told her what was up and she told me off.

tryin2BGOOD

Asked by tryin2BGOOD at 12:45 AM on Dec. 21, 2010 in Health

• Paper bags are way harder to bag and take at least twice as long to bag. Been there done that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I worked as a bagger in a grocery store and paper bags are a pain in the ass!!!! Not an excuse for her to tell you off tho.
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 12:48 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• So have I, but if everyone complained about doing things the hard way, no one would have babies!
    tryin2BGOOD

Comment by tryin2BGOOD (original poster) at 12:48 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• lol tryin2bgood! thats right!
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 12:51 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• It's petty that she told you off. I bought bags I carry with me every time I grocery shop. No paper, no plastic..no worries :)
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 12:53 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Paper bags are gentler on the environment. Plastic bags suck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:55 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I see both sides. I just see this as, some people complan, some don't. The ones who do, are quick to tell others off.
    dustbunni

Answer by dustbunni at 3:46 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I like paper bags because I reuse them in the household. Text book covers for school, paper bag scrapbook albums for gifts, custom designed wrapping paper, custom designed gift bags, perfect for shaking freshly popped popcorn with butter and seasonings, mulching my garden, recycle with the compost, table protectors for avid young artists, the list just goes on and on in our household!
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 9:57 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I would be upset if my sister and I fought over something as little as grocery bags. No offense to you regarding this matter. However, my brother was murdered and at that point he and another sister of ours were arguing over something petty. They never had a chance to make up and my sister has to live with that forever. I would not want that so no matter what happens, if my sister's and I disagree, we do just that and move on. Good luck!

Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 11:39 AM on Dec. 21, 2010