Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

bump in stomach

Okay so I just had surgery a week ago and it was in my belly button (the incision) and now I have a hard bump right under my stomach. Would I go to the doctor that did the surgery or my family doctor? If it's a hernia I wanna get it fixed before january because we've meet our deductible. So who should I go see?

Answer Question

Asked by Heidikans at 1:07 AM on Dec. 21, 2010 in Health

Level 20 (8,357 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • when did you notice the bump? was it there before you had your surgery ot after? if it was there before then i would say see your family doctor but if it is something that showed up after your surgery i would see your surgeon.

    Answer by MamaSusieQ045 at 2:36 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

  • Is the bump right along your incision? If it is, it's normal, it's healing, it'll take a while before it goes away.

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

  • I would call the doctor's office that did the procedure and see what they say.

    Answer by Peajewel at 11:34 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.