Let's give ourselves a boost tonight, ladies! When was the last time you thought "Wow, I'm a pretty good mother!"?

KA91

Asked by KA91 at 1:21 AM on Dec. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

• Actually today when my 5yr old and 2 yr old went into their disaster of a playroom and cleaned it spotless just to make mommy and daddy happy I heard my 5yr old say! I was so proud of them and knew I must be doing something right! :)
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 1:36 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• When I dropped dd and her friends off at the movies for the midnight showing of Eclipse. Got a call at 11:55pm, it was dd,,,mom Im not feeling well. Drove back to theatre to get her at 12:15am and then drove all over town to find a store to get tummy medicine,,,lol..my dd is 18 by the way, I didnt drop a minor off for a midnight show...that would ruin my whole point of my reply to you now wouldnt it? lol
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 1:33 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Just the other day when i told my kids and my cousins put there shoes on and my 1.5yr old ran to her room put her shoes + jacket on and sat by the door while her 4yr old cousin put her shoes on backwards and started crying i was like jeez my little munchskin is pretty smart i wonder where she got this from (me of course) lol but not to bash my cousin or aunt i just felt like i was doing a great JOB :)
    premiemom18

Answer by premiemom18 at 1:24 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Today when I realized that I was relieved to be probably getting a babysitting position to avoid leaving my kids to go back to work. I was like "I must love them a lot not to want to leave them even for a few hours a day... which means I must be a pretty good mom :)" And yes, I thought the smiley face too lol.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:28 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Yesterday when a friend of my mom told me how well my kids are behaved at an adult-ish function. Then again today while my DD was puking in the doc's office and i was also wrangling my 4 yr old son at the same time.

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 1:29 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Just a few minutes ago as I got muffins in the oven and cocoa on the stove to fortify my kids who will be eclipse watching in about 20 minutes. I'm exhausted, have a headache and just want to sleep, but instead I'm baking for my kids. I must be a better mom than I think.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 1:40 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Whenever the kids specially clean the rooms, and I don't ask them or they play nice, which is almost all the time. They are so creative and play with love, developing good friendships with others, and also when I can get my girls hair to be brushed/ combed out with me not getting to twisted about the whole idea. That is a feat of monumental strides. (the hair thing)
    I also am really super proud of my children! : ) : ) double smiles
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:02 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• ...it's been a while. *Sigh*
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 1:23 AM on Dec. 21, 2010