Breastfeeding fathers?

Have you ever heard of this? Know someone who has done this? I have never heard of it and thought it wasn't possible, but here it talks about how it IS possible and here it shows it was done back in Old Testament Bible days!

What do you think of this?

Babylove76

Asked by Babylove76 at 1:38 AM on Dec. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

• I think it's bull, sorry. She said he "willed" his body to do it. I don't know how long I've "willed" my body to drop 10lbs and it hasn't happened yet. When it does, I'll believe that story.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:42 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Crazy weird.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 1:44 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• just NO
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 1:53 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• it is possible lol it may be odd but possible
    Gen

Answer by Gen at 2:04 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Anon: Try reading more than just the first story in the first link. There's more information there - not just someone who "willed" himself to do it. Also, you CAN will yourself to lose 10 lbs. I willed myself to lose 100 lbs and was successful. It takes much MORE than wanting to - you have to want it mind, body and soul. THAT my dear is truly "willing" yourself to doing something.
    Babylove76

Comment by Babylove76 (original poster) at 2:10 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• crazy but possible i guess...
    VERONICAS_MOM

Answer by VERONICAS_MOM at 2:56 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Well I thought this was a load of horse manure until I looked into it on google and found a few other sources [baby sites, wiki, scientific sites etc] and apparently men have everything there to produce milk. It is unknown however if the milk is of the same standard that mums produce.

Here is a link from scientificamerica.com - http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=strange-but-true-males-can-lactate
    MumaSue

Answer by MumaSue at 3:15 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• hhmm worth a read
    san78

Answer by san78 at 4:40 AM on Dec. 21, 2010