yellow stool

my 14 month old son has yellow stool, its a little watery too. I tried to look it up but it says breastfed babies will often have yellow stools. He hasn't been breastfed since he was 6 months old, so that can't be it. Does anybody have any ideas what it might be and should i call his doctor?

sep_10_07

Asked by sep_10_07 at 11:04 AM on Nov. 9, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It could be something he ate. Unless he is showing other symptoms like a fever, or he is dehydrated I wouldnt worry about it. One funny colored bowel movment is nothing to get worried about..

http://www.cafemom.com/group/48748

vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:40 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• HAs he heen eating a lot of squash? Kids will poo whatever color of the items they eat. Like a kid who eats too many oreos their poo will be a dark dark color of brown..I know TMI but its true. I wouldn't worry about the yellow color. The only time you really have to worry about the color of poo is if it is black whick means their is blood in the stool OR if it is a pale washed out color which usually means their is something wrong with the liver. So I wouldn't sweat about it. It is probably something he ate..
    nyteowl

Answer by nyteowl at 12:59 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• It could be something he ate. Keep an eye on him and see what happens.

If it has a NASTY, HORRIBLE smell, it cold be the start of rotavirus. It's one of our tell-tale signs...color changes to yellow and it gets watery, then increases in incidents during the day, and vomitting ensues.

TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:57 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• My son's poop is always yellow. It has been for months. The only colors that are cause for concern are black, white throughout, or blood streaked.
    mom2ljh

Answer by mom2ljh at 12:15 AM on Nov. 10, 2008