When you started baby cereal, rice, did your baby like it?

When I started giving my baby cereal at 4 months, she didnt like it, she cried sometimes. So I slowed down, but still trying cause the formulas not satisfying her anymore.

Aliyahs_mom

Asked by Aliyahs_mom at 3:53 PM on Jul. 6, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• try mixing it with the formula instead of water and make it pretty thin at first so she's not overwhelmed by new taste and new texture all at once. Then as she gets used to it you can make it a little thicker
    bltcahill

Answer by bltcahill at 4:08 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• Heck no! We skipped cereal all together. He hated it and it has no nutritional value. We delayed solids a couple extra months and continued breastfeeding exclusively until he was ready for table foods.
    MaddsMom728

Answer by MaddsMom728 at 4:22 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• To add to my above, we didn't even attempt cereal until 6 months and started table foods at around 10 months. My son at 11 months is still almost EBF.
    MaddsMom728

Answer by MaddsMom728 at 4:23 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• he loved it in fact he cried for more.Getting him to switch from spoon to bottle was so easy.Lets see if switching him from pampers to underwear is gonna be as easy.
    sweettrini2312

Answer by sweettrini2312 at 4:34 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• My baby's Doctor told us that you can add some flavor to the bottle with ceral.... like for example i put a teaspoon of baby food bananas in with the formula and ceral. She loves it. it's like a baby smoothie!!!
    MindWarped420

Answer by MindWarped420 at 8:07 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• My son hardly ever ate rice... he didn't really like it. You could try the baby oatmeal instead. I also sometimes would put a little splash of white grape juice in it to give it a tiny hint of flavor.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 11:47 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• we started giving him cereal at 2months because he was always so damn hungry lol and he wouldnt sleep through the night...my son hates rice though but he LOVES oatmeal cereal he cries for more and rice made him concstipated oatmeal helps him go. i started off on mixing it with his bottle to get him u8se to it a tsp at first than gradually tbsp then 2 tbsp and increase more and more as he gets use to it...ull see hell of a difference trust me!
    ShYmAmA08

Answer by ShYmAmA08 at 7:49 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• My son is 7 months old and I started him on rice cereal but he didn't seem to like it because it was plain. So I try the bannas or mixed fruit cereal and he seem to like it better then the plain cereal. I gave the fruit cereal for about 2 weeks before starting him on stage 1 food and once we had all the stage 1 I started him on Stage 2 foods
    LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 10:32 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

LoriAnn87

• I started at 4 months. My son cried every time I tried to give it to him. I made it really watery and tried making it thicker and he wouldn't eat it. I tried oatmeal and he had the same reaction. I tried applesauce and he ate it right up. I tried the cereals a few times after that but he just cried every time. My peditrician said that I don't have to give him the cereal so I just stopped offering it to him. He gets plenty of fruits and veggies and his formula. He just didn't like it I guess.

http://1sttimeparents-whatdowedonow.blogspot.com
    NoJo

Answer by NoJo at 11:21 AM on Jul. 7, 2008