Did you just know your babies name or did you struggle over finding the right name?

AuntyMama

Asked by AuntyMama at 3:37 AM on Dec. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I knew the name I wanted, it was just convincing my DH to go along with it. I didnt end up with the middle name I wanted but its ok, in the end it all fit his personality.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 3:41 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• We bought name books lol and talked about it the whole 9 months(and even before) with both kids and in the end it was the same result with both: had to see the baby to decide what he/she looked like and took them home and called in the names to Social Security office a few days later.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:50 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• We went back and forth over a few names. We had narrowed it down to 2 by the time I went into labor. When we met him, we knew he was a Jonah.
    I have always liked the name, but it was a name my ex and I had chosen for when we had a kid together (never happened). I didn't want to tell DH that, so I kind of shied away from the name for awhile, but I think it made him like it even more! LOL Upon meeting DS, it was clearly his name.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:51 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• for my 1st i knew what i wanted to name him but the second one was harder to name lol we couldn't decide till the day he was born
    Gen

Answer by Gen at 3:55 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• the doctors told me i was having a girl and i just couldn't find a name that would work but then out came a boy not a girl... haha the dr doesn't know everything... once i saw him i immediately knew he was Rayhan.
    AuntyMama

Comment by AuntyMama (original poster) at 4:01 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• we had the name picked but when he was born and i held him, we had ot change the name order. he was NOT an aaron he was an alex for sure.
    katiPeas

Answer by katiPeas at 4:22 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• no struggle
    san78

Answer by san78 at 4:27 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• We used family names with all 3 boys. The only one we struggled with was the middle son. Was he to be Matthew or Nicholas. After 3 days, the dr. told us to choose one. We flipped a coin and he became Nicholas.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:45 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Knew both names
    mrsljamieson

Answer by mrsljamieson at 8:10 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I chose my Son's middle name without much thought..my Husband chose Our Son's first name without much thought, as well - they flow together perfectly and it's the best name ever. We didn't disagree on names and had one picked out for each gender..but We got Our Boy!
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 10:00 AM on Dec. 21, 2010