Does anyone here have Bank of america as their mortgage holder??

If so, have you heard about "the hardest hit" program? My husband and I tried to ask them for help, so they sent out the paper work they would need us to fill out . We started in July when he was collecting UE and we new he wouildn't be able to get a final extension and his last check woild be on Aug 7th. Anyway , we sent them back so much paperwork that we probably killed half the forests in the Amazon forest. Well long story short, in October they got back to us to only to say they won't help us, his finances wasn't stable enough.??? Well it seems they have been doing this to many other people. They would mail out the paper work to be filled out, but they really take their time, kep giving u paper work and then few months later and odds are that person still didn't need the help anymore. They told a guy that they told himn the reason he couildn't get it, he made to much! All other bills he had were mostly paid up, but he was having a hard time paying his mortage. The reason BOA didn't want that hardest hit program, is they would lose money cause the homeowner would only have to pay on the princple. and BOA don't want to get involved cause that meant they would lose money.

Michigan-Mom74

Asked by Michigan-Mom74 at 4:28 AM on Dec. 21, 2010 in Money & Work

• BOA is the lowest of the scum, not just for this, but this just tops off the barrel. But yes, we have our mortgage with BOA. We refinanced several years ago to get out from under BOA only to have our mortgage company bought by BOA....so we are stuck with them again. I am so sorry that they won't help you, but I"m not shocked.. They couldn't care less about the customer, it's completely about the $$ for them.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 9:17 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• No thank goodness.

I think on NPR they just did a segment about how bank of America would say that they could maybe get a modification in if you paid your mortgage this month or got caught up. So people would get that money and then they would say nope we can't do it. But maybe if you pay it this month...

Seriously I'm so glad we don't owe BOA money. They are now being sued for this.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 5:29 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I did until December 7th when our house officially went into foreclosure. We had a payment agreement with BOA and they still decided to sent it to the lawyers for foreclosure. We talked with them several times and told them that we would be getting reimbursed for something in November and would be able to pay all the back payments plus the lawyers fee/cost. They basically acted like there was nothing we could do, so we decided to go ahead and move. 2 days before our house was to be sold, BOA sent us a letter saying all we had to do was pay 3 back payments and $500 of the lawyer's fee and we would be fine. The letter was dated back in October but we didn't receive until December! By then it was too late.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:15 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Our was bought out by them. I'm not a fan.
    elwalters77

Answer by elwalters77 at 9:22 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Mine is with BOA. I haven't heard of this program, but it doesn't surprise me. Our state is suing them for pulling crap like this. http://www.fox5vegas.com/money/26173902/detail.html

JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:27 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• i dont like bank of america ..too many problems
    honesty33

Answer by honesty33 at 6:24 PM on Dec. 21, 2010