DH Snoring

It's getting BAD, ladies. Thank goodness I decided to stay up tonight on my own free will. His snoring kept me up ALL night last night. What do I do? Any others have this problem? What can he use to stop the snoring??

AtHomeMommy-3

Asked by AtHomeMommy-3 at 4:33 AM on Dec. 21, 2010 in Health

• im dealing with this too! i also contend with the 2 dogs snoring too lol
    san78

Answer by san78 at 6:05 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Depends on what is causing the snoring in the first place. Sleep apnea to allergies can cause it... He really needs to go to the doctor and figure out what the culprit is.

Til you know, I can't suggest anything.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 4:36 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Gene Simmons had an episode where he attended a sleep apnea testing. He had all these wires sticking to him, LOL. Then he got a breathing machine looks like an oxygen mask. It makes a loud noise though. GL , I know the feeling and the sound, loud of course, very well.
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 5:18 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I've been dealing with it for years from dh. Your best bet is to just roll him over and ear plugs. When dh is on his side sleeping its much better. If your dh is overweight it can make snoring very bad. He needs to go to the dr because if its sleep apnea, that can be fatal.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 5:24 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• DH snores really bad sometimes. We have found on nights we know he's going to be congested, those Breathe Rite strips work very well. It doesn't stop the snoring, but it damps it enough that it won't wake me up. That and I ask him to roll over, which he's happy to do.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 6:14 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• DH snores when he drinks....which is every night. He stops though if he rolls onto his left side. So when he starts up at night, I generally just punch him in the side until he rolls over. :)
    Gemska

Answer by Gemska at 7:15 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Geez Gemska, sounds like you've got a great relationship...lolol. My dh has lost about 30 lbs. in the last 6 months and his snoring has improved alot, still happens a little when he's on his back but not as often. Hi's heart burn is virtually gone now too, just 30 lbs. is all it took.
    Triscuit

Answer by Triscuit at 9:07 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Breathe Right Strips do NOT help true snoring - real snoring happens when the soft pallet & back of the tongue are too relaxed & "clap" together when breathing in sleep. So, first figure out if it's in his sinuses/nose or coming from his throat. Either way, see a doctor. Oops, one question - is he exhausted no matter how much sleep he gets? He needs to be checked out for sleep apnea, which usually requires a sleep test, and is "fixed" with a c-pap or surgery - some people who still have their tonsils are helped immensely by having their tonsils & adenoids taken out (my FIL also had part of the back of his tongue & his uvula removed, DH had his uvula removed along with the T&A and they reemed & re-did his sinuses/septum). So yeah, visit about it with a doctor - even if it means YOU make the appointment and YOU go along with him (which is best because he doesn't know what goes on when he's sleeping ;) ).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• make him sleep in another position.
    sodapple

Answer by sodapple at 7:03 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Send him to the doctor for a sleep study. My DH's snoring kept me awake and I can sleep through anything. DH got a CPAP (continuous positive airway pressure) machine and now all I can hear is the gentle hum of air whooshing. Some people complain that it's loud but trust me, you will get your first good night's sleep in a LONG time if you get your husband to wear it.
    Vix920

Answer by Vix920 at 11:37 PM on Dec. 21, 2010