Has anyone watched the movie "The Happening"? Its kinda like Six Sence. What did you think?

I highly doubt its based on the bible. It was weird on how once the wind would blow the plants grass and trees people in the midst would get confused talked funny then kill thenmselves. At one point people said the plants were mad also that they released tonxins.

JCRestoredme

Asked by JCRestoredme at 11:22 AM on Nov. 9, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I haven't seen this movie. I wanted to but it didn't get good reviews so I didn't want to go see it at the movies. I'm waiting for it to come to cable.
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 11:25 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• I WATCHED ON FRIDAY PPV. IT WAS WEIRD. NOT AT ALL WHAT I THOUGHT.
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 11:30 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Its on Blockbuster.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Its on Blockbuster.
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 11:32 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• It's not based on the Bible (or any other religious teaching that I'm aware of!) I actually thought it borrowed a lot from the theory of deep ecology which treats the earth as a living organism with mechanisms similar to the human body. There is a book by James Herbert called Portent which is similar to this film in that it presents an idea of natural disasters as 'population control' by a planet which has had enough of pesky superbugs (ie. human beings) polluting and clear cutting forests and generally leaving a big old carbon footprint in their path wherever they go.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 12:49 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• We just watchted the movie last night. The part at the beginning where they were talking about the bees disappearing, they mentioned everything except for the GM plants. It has nothing to do with end time prophecy.
    JustAnotherMama

Answer by JustAnotherMama at 12:58 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• It was one of the worst movies ever I watched it last night. Nothing about the Bible in it the reasoning behind the people dying was really really extremely dumb. I really like Mark Wahlberg in movies but he made a big mistake making this. It was awful. But the reviews did say that it was so I should have known.
    jojo13

Answer by jojo13 at 1:13 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• I havent seen this yet. I heard it wasnt all that great. I did just watch The Strangers though and that was really good...and creepy.
    EmilyRoseLovett

Answer by EmilyRoseLovett at 3:19 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• The Happening was about the plants taking care of global warming themselves. The plants naturally produced an airborn toxin to bring down the population of humans. Taking care of the huge foot prints we humans leave. I didn't really like it but I watched all of it anyway.
    But ooo EmilyRoseLovett I liked The Stangers too. I screamed like a howler monkey.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 3:51 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• We laughed at the phrase "Cheese and Crackers that the marine said. Its better than people saying "Jesus Christ".
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 4:25 PM on Nov. 9, 2008