my son is sick what can i do hes nine months

my son is sick what can i do hes nine months My nine month old is sick and his eyes keep leaking cold. The left eye was stuck once and I has to,open it. Yes he is teething and has a fever. What can I do other than call the doc or go to the ER

BUBBLES1121

Asked by BUBBLES1121 at 5:16 AM on Dec. 21, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If I were you I'd just take him to the doctor or hospital, over the counter meds don't even list that age group anymore due to a lot of deaths in children. If theres a reason you cant take him I'd atleast call your doctor,yhey should be able to tell you how much motrin or tylenol you can give him for fever. As for his eye, I would tell the doctor that too but until then use warm wet wash cloth to help keep it from getting matted shut. Just keep as eye on that fever, make sure it doesn't get too high. A warm bath can help bring the fever down.Hopefully you can have him seen by a doctor! Hang in there!
    anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 5:38 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• agree, except to the warm bath part, I never put a child in warm water for fever, cool is better but I would just use cool clothes over head, face, neck, stomach and keep doing that as long as baby is laying comfortable next to you or on you he/she should be fine with cool wash clothes, however if you keep baby too close to your body your body will make him/her even warmer.
    kingkongsmom

Answer by kingkongsmom at 5:55 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Wipe his eyes with a moist cotton ball if they need it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:35 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Just wipe his eyes gently. When they get a cold the mucus has to come out somewhere and soemtimes it the eyes. My son had the exact same problem. It gets better with age and my ped said as long as it's the same color as what's coming out of his nose it is not concerning.
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 3:13 PM on Dec. 21, 2010