whats you opinion of similac vs. walmart brand formula?

whats the difference and would you use it?

Asked by BetsyBoop2003 at 5:44 AM on Dec. 21, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I used Walmart's in the very beginning for a few weeks before I got WIC. It wasn't that good imo. It didn't mix well and ds didn't seem to take to it very well. I switched to Good Staat and that worked well. I used Similac brieftly and that was ok, better than Walmart's.

Answer by Anonymous at 5:52 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I didn't notice a difference. We used wal mart brand with both our kids. They both did fine on it our son just got done with his last can. Id say save lots of money

Answer by Heidikans at 7:24 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I know several people that used the WalMart formula with no problems at all. For me, it wasn't an option. I like to know where something was produced, and that the manufacturer used good quality control measures; I don't buy generic items for important things (like formula or vitamins).

Answer by Scuba at 8:08 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• We were on similac before the huge recall. I couldn't find the ready feed so switched to walmart's parent choice. It's SOOOO much cheaper. The only thing I've noticed is that sometimes it gets stuck in the nipple. Our daughter is doing great on it though so I'm sticking with it.

Answer by BWIND at 9:47 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• there shouldn't be any difference except it's a lot cheaper

Answer by frogger41 at 12:03 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I bought the walmart version of the Enfamil Gentlease. It was a difference of about $10 each time I had to buy it. My daughter didn't seem to notice when I switched.

Answer by moviemom22 at 5:46 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I use it all the time. I've also used many other brands. There doesn't seem to be a difference at all and I don't mind saving money. I think name brand formulas are WAY to overpriced. The generic brands are just fine.

Answer by Averylee85 at 9:47 PM on Dec. 21, 2010