One party or two?

I won a birthday party for my daughter at the PTO raffle. It is for 30 skaters at the local rollerskating rink in town. Every year we have one party for family and her friends. My husband suggests two parties this year: One for her friends at the skating rink, and another one for just family. I am wondering which I should do and if we chose two then how can I keep the prices down because that would mean two cakes, two sets of decorations, two dinners etc. Her birthday is in January. She will be ten.

jlemaycox

Asked by jlemaycox at 11:27 AM on Nov. 9, 2008 in General Parenting

• I go through a similar situation because my older two children are only a year and eight days apart. My son's is August 31st and my older daughter's is September 8th. We always have cake and ice cream at home with immediate family on the actual day of their birthday and then a big party for all their friends. This year, we threw a joint party for both of them at a local bowling alley and it turned out really nice. They were allowed to invite 4 friends each and they let their younger sister invite four of hers as well to include her. So, I would do the one that you won and have something simple like we do with immediate family at home.

LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 4:10 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• I WOULD JUST DO THE ONE THAT YOU WON SO YOU CAN GET HER A BETTER GIFT!
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 11:31 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Do one.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 1:24 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• I would do the one and have all your family and her friends at the roller rink. Sounds like fun!
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 2:21 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• I would just do one party because you dont want to confuse the kid,
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 5:12 PM on Nov. 9, 2008