What do you when you are feeling overwhelmed and neglected?

Lately I have been feeling like things are getting to be too much. I am tired, stressed, and just all around wiped out!!! I feel like my hubby doesn't appreciate me or all the things i do. I have been trying to hide how i feel cuz, i don't wanna start fights with him. I feel like i can't count on anyone.
For the most part i am doing everything by myself. and i guess that would be hard for anyone. I just wanna scream "somebody help me..please!!!" But i know no one would care or listen. In my family, I am the one everyone turns to. But what happens when the person who helps everyone else needs help?
Has anyone ever felt like this? If so how did you manage? I am at the end of my rope here.

EttaMay

Asked by EttaMay at 6:32 AM on Dec. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• You need to take time for you. Forget about everyone else for awhile. Ever hear, "you gotta help yourself before you can help anyone else"? So true, so true. I, like you did, EVERYTHING for everyone. I'm the one who didn't say know how to say no. Well, guess what, this year I finally learned how to say no. I put me first because if I'm at my wit's end, I'm not good for my husband or my kids. I'm a lot happier now. Not the fave in the family anymore but that's ok with me. :)
    mockitaz

Answer by mockitaz at 6:49 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I agree. Try to find a few minutes here and there to relax by doing what destresses you. ...reading a little, long bath, taking a walk, some stretching, sitting with a cup of tea. Whatever it is that gives you a break. Do less for everyone else than you have been. Set your priorities and work on them first. I wish you all the best. hug
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:59 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Do you have a church or gym to relieve stress....I just join Cyber Space.....it seem like it may be a good venting place and support...it is a 12 step program...take a bath....walk....pray...God Bless and Guide you....U R LOVed.
    doulaunborn

Answer by doulaunborn at 7:05 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Ask for help, but be very careful in how you ask. If you begin by trying to put a guilt trip on him, you will only make him mad. You have to make it positive, and that usually means you tell him how much you love and appreciate him. He probably feels unappreciated and overworked, too, but men don't talk about such things. They usually handle it by withdrawing into their little shells and by shutting the wives out as best they can. One of the best approaches is to tell him that you would really like to have more time for him, but that right now, you simply feel overwhelmed by all that needs to be done. Then suggest specific things he can do to help you but only give him one thing at a time. Men cannot multi-task, and if you ask him to do more than one thing, you cannot expect him to do either of them. Make him know that he is of top priority in your life, and you will have made great strides into getting help from him.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 7:09 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• ooppps the correct name is staying cyber.......just learing myhself
    doulaunborn

Answer by doulaunborn at 7:15 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Tell your DH you feel stressed & that you will be taking a day off. Then take a day off & do nothing or do whatever you want to. But, give the kids to DH & just tell him that's how it's going to be for the day.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:17 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• You need to go to lunch with your best friend followed by a manicure! That IS what you need!
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 11:42 AM on Dec. 21, 2010