How to motivate myself to clean and organize daily?

Me and my partner are turning into "slobs". I am not trying to complain about it. I obviously know we can change our ways. The question is how to motivate myself to clean and organize my apartment. Some days I am lazy and tired from watching the kids. It's overwhelming thinking of all that needs to be done daily. Is there any good ideas you do to motivate yourself or know off?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:40 AM on Dec. 21, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Flylady works.
    SuperChicken

Answer by SuperChicken at 6:44 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• gee, days like that...I put the timer on like 13 minutes and 13 seconds.......so at least it is a START.......
    doulaunborn

Answer by doulaunborn at 6:54 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• My solution is a can of redbull (chug it) and some super fun lively music. With that combination, i'm done cleaning pretty quickly. I can't sit still when i drink redbull & cleaning is a great solution for that. The music helps me keep my groove going & makes it a lot more fun.

DH & i sometimes get together & clean like freaks if we allow it to get bad enough. We call it the "high five"...not sure how it got that name. I'll say "OK, time to high five" And he'll get the redbull, we high five each other & go to town. It's actually kind of fun....
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:12 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• When the kids and I had some place to go or just getting ready for our day, we would do 10 minute cleanups. It was we would go into one room and we would have 10 minutes (all working together) to put it in order and clean. When 10 minutes were up we went onto the next room. We would usually do this for one to three rooms depending on the need. We all felt good and worked together and were ready to enjoy our day.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:21 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• TooTooBusy - we do the exact same thing at my house!
    gambilldl

Answer by gambilldl at 9:43 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• it's hard when things are let go for awhile I think it makes it too overwhelming that why I never let mine get bad enough..I make sure the bathrooms get cleaned once a week and 3 loads of laundry get done everyday(which isn't hard) and dishes are done twice a day so there isn't so many at the end of the day I do sweeping and mopping either everday if it needs it or two -three times a week..I just do it I make myself do it I don't just sit there till I'm in the mood I do it whether i am or not!
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 9:53 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I do some cleaning everyday. I usually pick a room, do it completely and then make sure I take 5-10 minutes evryday to keep it clean.
    elijahsmama09

Answer by elijahsmama09 at 10:21 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Invite folks over on a regular basis. Doesn't have to be for a big expensive fancy meal either. Just beer and games or DVDs or whatever. But it will force you to have things pretty clean and orderly.
    ChezBelle

Answer by ChezBelle at 3:30 PM on Dec. 23, 2010