Sons father

We are not together and my son is spending Christmas with him and his gf and her kids do I get a gift for my son to give to his dad or not?

logansmom6106

Asked by logansmom6106 at 7:10 AM on Dec. 21, 2010 in Holidays

• I have custody of my granddaughter and we are making cookies and a card for her father today. I think that it is important that you help the child learn about giving and loving, despite your feelings for the other person. He is his DADDY.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:16 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Something simple maybe as suggested earlier. It is a nice jesture to teach your son.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:21 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I guess that depends on some things for me. How old is your child? I mean if it were me I would more than likely take my son shopping and let him pick something out, like a Dad mug or something like that. If I didn't want to do that then I would have him make something for his father. Possible a picture or a card.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:22 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• i would say you let your son pick out a gift from him to his father, help him wrap it and everything that way your son would be able to say he did it and gave it to his dad from his heart.
    angel82686

Answer by angel82686 at 7:37 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Yes, Make sure your ex knows it is from your son not you and your son.

Answer by louise2 at 7:44 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I would. Children have to be taught that giving is fun. They also need to be taught to be considerate of others. You will be doing his future wife a huge favor. I married a man who had not been taught to give nor the joy of giving, and I had to teach him that myself.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 7:44 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• my children are 15,13,9 the two younger ones did something for thier dad at school and i ask the older one what she wanted to do in regards to a gift and she made the choice........so it depends on the age of the child and what they choice to do......but make sure the gift is some thing your son picks out or makes......
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 10:13 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Me and my oldest son father was not together when he was
    little, but I still got him something for holiday Like christmas
    and father's day and let my son give it to him.
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 11:57 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I usually buy something small for the kids to give their dad. He does NOT return the favor, but whatever. This year I bought a small candle for him but the kids had already got him something at the school's Santa Shop...so, I get a new candle! LOL

1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 2:05 PM on Dec. 21, 2010