Im a stay at home mom that recently moved with my husband to a new state. I have no friends and am home 85% of the time im starting to get depressed.

My husband tells me to get out and make new friends but being pregnant with 2 other kids its not easy. what should i do>>?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:15 AM on Dec. 21, 2010 in Entertainment

• You have to find an outlet. Something that you can do with the kids that involves you and hopefully some other mothers. Library, rec center, schools, .......
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:17 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• When I first started staying home I had a hard time because I spent a whole summer with a 4 and 2 year olds and a baby. After that summer I wasn't sure if I could stay home, then I went to park and rec and found some local play groups, and my oldest started school and my middle one started preschool. Between all three places I made some great freinds that I am still friends with today, 8 years later.

I would contact the park and rec or the local school and see if there are any play groups in the area that you can get involved with. Also, what about your neighbors.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:18 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Look at www.meetup.com. I know there are moms groups posted for our area. There might be some in your area too. Also go to the story hour at your local libray. That is how I found one of my closest friends when I was a young mom. They also might have some fliers posted about things going on. And stop by your chamber of commerce or town offices. They should have some info on activities too. I wish you all the best.

elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:18 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Start going to story hour at the library or at a book store. You will notice that these moms usually are the same each week.
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 7:19 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Look into mothers day out programs at the churches in your area. It's a great place to leave your children for a few hours and to meet other young moms who are just like you. Some of the ones in my area ask only that you volunteer to help watch the children on a rotating basis, but even that gives you opportunity to be with some of the other young moms. There is no charge for the service, so look into it!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 7:39 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• The library is a great place to meet other moms! Parks are great too. I've also recently discovered that our local Chick Fil A is a place where lots of moms meet up in the winter months, as is the playground inside the mall.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 7:56 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• The library is a great place to meet other moms our local library has a children's story time each week.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 8:01 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• join a church group
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 12:15 PM on Dec. 21, 2010