on post waiting time

My husband and I are priority 2 on the housing list. They told us 5-6 months but my son will be here by then and our BAH just doesn't allow us to get another bedroom. Does anyone know if that is just a standard time that they tell everyone or is it really going to be 5-6 months? We've always lived off post but with my husband deploying and our first son on the way and me not really knowing anyone we thought it would be a good idea.

samiemommy

Asked by samiemommy at 11:29 AM on Nov. 9, 2008 in Home & Garden

• You should be able to manage with one bedroom for the first few month after your son gets here BUT after he does, you should talk to housing and they should reclassify you for a second bedroom. It's been a while since I was around the military but I still have friends in and I remember that happening to a couple of them. Good luck and congrats!
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 11:41 AM on Nov. 9, 2008