How to improve my cardio endurance?

I'm really interested in improving my cardio endurance and lung capacity. There this hill that I have walked up. By the time I get up it my heart is hurting, I am out of breath and my legs are weak a little bit. How can I improve this?

ChildGoddess

Asked by ChildGoddess at 7:43 AM on Dec. 21, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• walk more til u can get up the hill, little at a time
    kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 7:47 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Just keep doing it until it doesn't hurt anymore, you will surprise yourself how little of time it will take to get yourself to that point. Pushing yourself is the only way you will improve your cardio indurance and lung capacity. If you want to get there before you take that hill again, you will need to work on your cardio every day. Try interval walking/running... Run for a block, a minute, for an entire song on your MP3 or as long as you like, then walk the same amount of time. Keep switching back and forth for 20 -30 minutes. Good luck.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 7:49 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• *endurance not indurance

shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 7:50 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• SEX ..as much as u can ;)
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 7:58 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• http://generalfitness.tripod.com/id4.html 

15 minutes of exercise while in your target heart rate, 3 times a week.

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 10:42 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• HIIT - high intensity interval training. Easy explanation, periods of high intensity cardio then lowering it down to low intensity intervals. You can do this with walking, biking, running, elliptical etc.
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 2:40 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Please get a full physical BEFORE you attempt any strenuous activity- Your heart should not hurt-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 3:05 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Do little at a time. It will build up
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 10:44 AM on Jan. 5, 2011