Why are men such big babies when their sick?

My husband has a simple cold and he acts like he's dying! I wanna kill him myself!!!!! OH MY GOSH! He is driving me nuts!!!!

matthew9_22

Asked by matthew9_22 at 8:16 AM on Dec. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I think their mommies spoiled them rotten when they were sick little kids. That's the only thing i can think of. I agree though....men are the biggest babies when they are sick. Mommies ALWAYS have to keep working no matter if we are sick....our job never ends!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:21 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• My hubby isn't like that. He can be sick as a dog and never complain, still go to work, and be totally pleasant to be around. I think that some men see how much attention their wives give sick children and when they feel bad, they want a little bit of the same thing. I sometimes get annoyed that my husband won't let me baby him like that when he feels bad.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:47 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Hah!! I have been going through this myself. This damn cold has been going for about a week and a half now and I am soooo ready for it to be over!! I pointed out to him that our kids have the same exact symptoms he does, but they are as happy and rambunctious as they always are!
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 8:48 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• My husband just wants to be left alone when he is sick. I consider it a gift from God.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:01 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I know how it is. Annoying as hell.
    sweetmom1007

Answer by sweetmom1007 at 9:25 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• IDK but if you figure it out I would love to know!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:33 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I know exactly what you mean! My hubby gets sick and he cant get out of bed *huff* thought men were made of steel!
    Truelove77

Answer by Truelove77 at 9:38 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• not around here
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:41 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• hahaha, agreed! My dad was never like that, and my bro-in-law isn't either (maybe it's the marine in the both of them, lol) but seriously, whenever DH gets the sniffles, prepare for the pity party to begin, lol. When we first started dating I would nurse him back to health, but now, with a 17 month old and a full time job, I don't have time to wipe your snotty nose too, lol
    1st_time_mom23

Answer by 1st_time_mom23 at 10:10 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I know exactly what you are talking about but when we get sick they still expect us to do everything lol
    MrsWalker2011

Answer by MrsWalker2011 at 11:31 AM on Dec. 21, 2010