Did you see the veterans protest for peace?

http://www.veteransforpeace.org/

December 16, 2010

131 ARRESTED IN VFP ACTION @ WHITE HOUSE
131 people were arrested at the White House yesterday in an action to End The Wars, including the board executive committee of Veterans for Peace. It is estimated that 2/3rds of those arrested were veterans. Of those arrested a number of women from Code Pink were also arrested. Approximately 500 folks attended the rally. There were dozen of speakers including Daniel Ellsberg and Ray McGovern who were also arrested.

Thanks to all who supported or participated in this inspiring event and all who have provided footage of the peaceful rally to us, including Bill Hughes, David Swanson and Ellen Davidson

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 8:22 AM on Dec. 21, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• sweet-a-kins

Comment by sweet-a-kins (original poster) at 8:23 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• No, I was busy doing other things.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:26 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I didn't hear about it bu thanks for posting.... I am the wife of a 100% Disabled Vet.....
    Bring them home!
    christinato

Answer by christinato at 8:45 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• front line soldiers should be led with politicians as the real front and let the president / vice pres.know when they die then he/they leads , we could have somebody already in line to cover for them here. Our front line should be at home protecting the borders here at Sea, Land, Air,.......We have too many big pockets of leaks.
    kingkongsmom

Answer by kingkongsmom at 9:15 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Code Pink and environmentalists were also there and arrested. I think it's disgraceful that you're trying to smear our brave veterans to further your agenda. Shame on you, OP!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:30 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I'm not smearing them, I think its GREAT they were there

Who better to protest these wars we shouldn't be in?
    sweet-a-kins

Comment by sweet-a-kins (original poster) at 9:34 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Code Pink were also arrested

YAY!
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:09 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I didn't see it, but thanks, I'm married to a wounded VETERAN. Who better to protest than those that were actually in a war, and know the damage they cause mental as well as physical..
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 1:21 PM on Dec. 21, 2010