what is the best baby food ?

i am started my daughter on food now and i want to know what everyone uses and if there is one they like better than the other

Davina07

Asked by Davina07 at 11:35 AM on Nov. 9, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• mushed up banana, melon, sweet potato are good starting points.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 11:42 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Make your own for sure. My daughter never liked baby food, she has always gotten tablefood. I got a little 1/2 cup food precessor at the NEX for like $5.99 an I would just puree whatever we had for dinner. That way, you aren't spending money on food either and you know what is in it, cause you made it!
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 11:50 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• I made allmost all of my food. It was SO easy and it wasn't watered down. Jar food is so nasty it doesn't even taste like what it says. No wonder most kids don't like veggies when they don't have jar food..ANY WAY whole diff story. I did use a few jar foods though. I did like Gerber and Earths Best. I'm sure your little one will like what ever you decide!
    MomAubrey

Answer by MomAubrey at 11:50 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Making your own is the best. But if you want to buy pre-made baby food, Gerber has been doing it for over 100 years. Got to be doing something right to be in business that long.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/48748/

vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:27 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• My kids mostly got food off my plate. Sweet Potato, mashed banana, bits of soft meat, pasta, apple sauce, yogurt etc. They got appropriate bits of food from what I made on their tray and fed it to themselves.
    "Babies who are ready for solids can usually feed themselves. Mothers often report that they knew their babies were ready when they picked up food from a plate, chewed it, swallowed it, and wanted more."
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 12:38 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• I started making my own, but now that I'm working full-time it's a bit harder for me to send frozen baby food to daycare.

Right now Ryan eats the Earth's Best Organic food. The unit price was cheaper than the Gerber food.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 2:19 PM on Nov. 9, 2008