Do hardcore 'conspiracy theory' believers make you nervous?

You know, the ones who talk about the government and spying. I worry that if a real crisis did happen, they'd be the ones panicking.
I think it's good to be informed, but it shouldn't border paranoia.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:47 AM on Dec. 21, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Do mean the Mel Gibson character from Conspiracy Theory type? I don't really know any like that, but I hear rumblings from groups. If they do panic, what damage will they do. They can't fire nuclear weapons, give orders of attack, or raise an army. As I understand it, these are the ones who go underground or hold up in a mountain cabin. So, what harm is that really?

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:57 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• That make me nervous? LOL. No, not really. I find some annoying, but they don't make me nervous. Why would they, are they going to spontaneously combust?

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:03 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I like reading conspiracy theories. I also like seeing them debunked.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 9:07 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Nope, some of them I believe, some of them I don't...I wasn't worried about the Y2K issue, but just try and convince me that the JFK assassination went down like we are lead to believe. (c:

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:09 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• LOL, bumping your post. I can read between the lines.
    If your life revolved around CM and cyberspace all day, all the panicking over the internet spying I suppose would bother you.
    It's mental illness, not a conspiracy theory my dear.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:11 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Actually, the well-read, very intelligent ones usually make me nervous that I'm not MORE paranoid lol!
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 11:03 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• lol jesse.....I love that movie and it was the first thing I thought of when I read this question. Geronimo...

No, they don't make me nervous. Actually I feel bad for them because they can't really enjoy life being so paranoid all the time :/
    annabsmommy

Answer by annabsmommy at 11:27 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• No. They all remind me of Dale Gribble on the cartoon "King of the Hill." And, believe me, that is not a complement.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 1:30 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• No, they make me laugh. Dh worked with a guy who was all over the Masonic/Illuminati BS. Told us they were going to blow up Saturn for Y2K. I could barely keep a straight face.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 2:03 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

For all the whining you do about it - you sure do devote a lot of time to following people around and keeping tabs on what they post. Talk about obsessed.

What's sad are the clueless people - not just the ones who think there are black helicopters, the ones who think there's a big gay movement out to get them, the ones who think all Muslims are terrorists, the ones who think it's a Christian nation that will eventually kick out all the evil "non-believers". Those are the scary and creepy people. Well, those, and the idiots who follow them around like puppy dogs licking them and parroting everything they say.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:08 PM on Dec. 21, 2010