does this ever happen to you?? (comments on dh's FB wall)

ever left a sweet comment on your dh's or so's FB wall only to have a mutual friend come by and stomp all over it?

dh and i had an amazing night together last night. unfortunately, we do not have the luxury of waking up next to each other or even sleeping in the same bed because my schedule is so different from his. i wake up at 2:30am and i'm gone until 1:30 in the afternoon. dh doesn't get home until about 6pm and i have to be back in bed by 7:30pm to do it all over again. therefore, since we spend a great amount of time not really seeing each other, whenever i'm thinking about him at work, i wander over to his FB page and leave a sweet little note for him to wake up to or see on his lunch break whatever. that's what i do when i can't call or text...because i don't wanna wake him up.

this morning, i left one of my little notes on his fb wall. it just said "i love being wrapped up in your arms <3" and one of our mutual friends commented on it and said that if i'm really wrapped up in his arms, why don't i just look over at him and TELL him said statement instead of posting it on face book. then he commented additionally, sounds suspicious to me. WTH?!?! does that happen to anyone else? it really irritates me that people get all bent out of shape that husbands and wives or SO's talk to each other on FB when they're not together.

pmg1030

Asked by pmg1030 at 8:54 AM on Dec. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• All the time.. people really need to mind their own business!! Usually it's people that hardly know anything at all about your situation! Take it with a grain of salt!! I think it's super sweet of you to do that and i'd probably do the same thing if we were on the schedules that you guys are.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 8:56 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Sounds like your friend is a jerk. I don't use FB to communicate with hubby, I send him email instead, just because of crap like that.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:57 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• My future SIL made a fb comment similar toward my SIL's comment about how much she loved her husband. I guess some people just don't have that kind of love.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:58 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Facebook is a social network that EVERYONE can see. Writing on someone's wall is not a way to send a personal message to them. Maybe the friend thought it was up for debate when they saw it on his wall and available to comments. Next time, send him a private message or just handwrite a little love note for him to find the next time he climbs into bed without you. We put way too much of our lives onto the net.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 8:58 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• whomever this person is needs to mind their own business!
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:07 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I say he's your husband, write what you want. As for me, I would've either deleted his comment or replied with something witty to make him thinnk twice before doing it again. More than liely he's jealous that his wife or gf (assuming the jerk has one) hasn't written anything sweet for him. :)
    bbbrussell20

Answer by bbbrussell20 at 9:08 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Jealousy is not a pretty thing and your friend definitely sounds jealous. Tell him if he wouldn't be such an ass, somebody might enjoy being wrapped in his arms.

Hubby and I leave comments like that to each other all the time. The only comments we get are sweet or the ones telling us to get a room already ... LOL. Hubby made one of our friend's cry with his comments to me.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 9:14 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• People jusst have different senses of humor. Your friend was only trying to be funny, I would'nt take it personaly. If it bothers you next time just right a message instead. I also like to find songs on youtube that are fitting to DH and I and email them to him :-)
    hotrodlassie

Answer by hotrodlassie at 9:40 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Hmm maybe next time mark the post so that 'friend' can't see it. I would have made some comment back to him . If I want to say something to my hubs I will send a private message that way it is personal and just between us.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:47 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I don't think I'd be posting messages like that. I'd send them by private message or email or even text. That's not really for public consumption, is it?
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 12:20 PM on Dec. 21, 2010