Have you noticed that SAHM are at higher levels than working moms? Makes you say hummmmm....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:11 AM on Dec. 21, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Nope I sure haven't noticed this.. and I think that people continuously bringing it up like it's some kind of competition is just adding fuel to the fire. I've been on both sides of the fence and both are HARD work.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 9:13 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• If you mean in the answers section then that says something about you and your time.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 9:15 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• higher levels in what? answers? cafemom? society?
    elwalters77

Answer by elwalters77 at 9:14 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• its on a increase i think. i am not sure. i hardly know any stay at home moms. right now off the top of my head i only know two. but also there are so many people that can work from home that they can have the best of both worlds. i wish i could do that. but i know i am not made to be a sahm. hats off to them.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 9:16 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Huh? Higher levels of what?

confused

SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 9:18 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• How do you know who's a SAHM and who's a working mom?
    Why does it bother you so much?
    I dont pay attention to people's levels like some people
    Since you know who all is SAHMs and who are all working moms it makes me question on how often you;re on here and keeping tabs on everyone of us
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 6:53 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• i think its about even.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:16 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I am a SAHM (who also brings in an income offering childcare) and use Cafe mom to get some adult time. When I am able to have mommy playdates I don't feel the need to be on cafe mom as much. Working outside the home gives you more opportunities to socalize with other adults.
    hotrodlassie

Answer by hotrodlassie at 9:35 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I didn't realize it has been brought up already, I just noticed today. Regardless, I'm a SAHM and it's really hard to limit myself to the hour a day I'm on. If it wasn't for my self control, I would be in the high ranks too. Let's not kid ourselves.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:18 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Popping in while the kids are napping does give you an edge. Nothing to get defensive over or be ashamed of. And I'm not saying anything about how well any mother is caring for her children. Don't turn it into that kind of conversation.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:20 AM on Dec. 21, 2010