Do you think that men really CAN'T take hints, or do they just choose not to? lol

For years men have always had the privilege of hiding behind the excuse that 'This is just how men are". What's your take on it? lol Do you really believe that your man isn't capable of picking up on hints that you drop here and there about certain things? I think there are times when it really does goes go right over his head, but other times I can see him pondering on what I just said lol

Ctink8189

Asked by Ctink8189 at 9:32 AM on Dec. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• I believe men are smart enough to pick up on hints but as you said, they have that convenient excuse of just being men and all that. I read an article not long ago that went on and on about how their brains literally are unable to process a lot of things including hints and even emotions. I think it was a lot of nonsense. I can see missing a subtle conveyed thought once in a while but to say men are incapable is an excuse for just not bothering.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 9:37 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I think it goes both ways. But even if he picks up on it, it may be to complicated for him to understand. Lol
    bellsandheels

Answer by bellsandheels at 9:33 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• i believe any man can do for himself...they choose not to because they want us to do it! Big babies! As far as hints go mine eally doesnt pay attention to hints unless im hinting to go in the room!
    courtneycra

Answer by courtneycra at 9:34 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• they choose to or not to.
    kingkongsmom

Answer by kingkongsmom at 9:38 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Um...I think they are really that dense. Sorry! LOL They really don't take hints and suggestions...be direct and you will get results!

Now can we discuss why in the world they can't find anything you send them looking for while we are at it?
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 11:38 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• lol, mine just dont get it. I have to be very up front with him
    goodemama

Answer by goodemama at 9:35 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I think that men are more literal than women. Women tend to be more intuitive. My DH has told me that I can't hint, I have to tell him what I want. I think most women, myself included, want to hint at what they want, and feel they should pick up on it. But they usually don't. Like saying that my friend has really pretty diamond heart earrings, I'd hope that he would take that as a hint and get me a pair. But all he hears is that she got earrings and maybe thinks what was her husband thinking. He doesn't make the bridge to the idea that it's a hint. And I don't want to have to ask for what I want, but I've found he doesn't mind at all if I ask, he likes it. We just have to figure out better ways of communicating that take male and female atributes into account.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 9:47 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Depends on the man because like women sume see hints here and there thats he's cheating some aren't as aware to pick up those signals what's common sense to one person may not be to another person doesn't make them dumb ;)
    firstimemommy21

Answer by firstimemommy21 at 9:50 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Many men are not as aware of nuances and their own inner selves as women are. And,---they are not good at multi-tasking like women are. ( Don't we all KNOW this, Ladies ! ) So... they prefer to let hints just pass them by !.... Sorry, no excuses, guys !!!!... GET WITH IT !!!
    IndigoRose

Answer by IndigoRose at 10:01 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Good responses so far lol Keep them coming! I also don't just mean hinting with gifts.. but in general. For instance, when I say "That trash sure is getting full. I can't put anything else in it." lol HEELLLLOOOOO...take it out! ;)
    Ctink8189

Comment by Ctink8189 (original poster) at 10:07 AM on Dec. 21, 2010