Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

cant file child support while he's in the house ?

My sister was telling me i should file for child support and when me and my bf got into an arguement i'd told him i would do it ! He told me that a judge would laugh in my face since he is paying the bills in the house . But then why would my sister say i could? Im in new jersey by the way if any one knows

Answer Question

Asked by firstimemommy21 at 9:38 AM on Dec. 21, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

Level 12 (663 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • dont know th elaw there but calling a child support agency there would get you the right answers.

    Answer by kingkongsmom at 9:40 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

  • check with your local child support office.

    Answer by hotrodlassie at 9:42 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

  • Please speak with local Social Services office/Child Support. If you are unable to obtain answers, contact a local attorney for thier "free consultation" and ask your questions. If all else fails, look into local legal aid, contact local law schools and Catholic Charities provides legal services at a VERY discounted rate as well. Domestic Violence Centers can also put you in touch with lawyers that provide Pro Bono (Free) services. I hope this at least helps you get started.

    Answer by BabyNunez at 9:54 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

  • in tn it's different.

    Answer by frogger41 at 12:01 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

  • If he's paying all the bills, what other kind of "support" would you be expecting to get from him?

    Answer by LeanneC at 12:44 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.