Omg I woke up to a foot and a half of snow and the roads aren't plowed and they are still having school 15 miles away...

Please I couldn't even get out my door to start the truck and go clean all the snow off..the buses were cancelled but the parents can still drive their kids in to school wth??? Why not just cancel school and have a snow day? most of the students at this jr high are bus students and live way out of town it's the last day of school before xmas anyways...

chica679

Asked by chica679 at 9:43 AM on Dec. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I would just call in and keep my kids home.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 9:45 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Lucky you! Keep the kids home~~I'm sure they're not doing anything important today anyway.
    Carolannie

Answer by Carolannie at 9:47 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• If the buses do not come then it's an excused absence.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 9:47 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I think they expect that most kids will stay home. Sometimes the reason they do this is because they get money for each day they are open, and they have to be open a certain number of days, so it's easier for them to not call school off, because they need that money to keep the school running.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 9:49 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I also have to travel LOL! My dd has her orthodontist apt. which she hasn't had for 2 months and I have to try and make it
    chica679

Comment by chica679 (original poster) at 9:54 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I would keep them home, no point in risking an accident for a day where they most likely wont do anything.
    bellsandheels

Answer by bellsandheels at 10:10 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I moved from MN to Southern TX. So, no real snow days here. LOL. However, we do get at least 1 good ice storm at some point. A couple years ago we had ice like you just wouldn't believe. My kids ride the bus. I was NOT going to trust that for anything! And, although I drove a 4-wheel drive pickup, I wasn't going to risk it either. So, I called the shool, which hadn't cancelled, to let them know MY kids wouldn't be attending. The lady in the office said that she and 1 teacher was all that had made it in so far. And, that TONS of parents were calling in. Oddly, school was never cancelled for that day. But, the attendance was so low, that actual classes could not be held due to lack of teachers. So, the few teachers and students that lived near by (we live in the country) just had a game day. And, all those who didn't make it were all excused.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 10:14 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• 4 Wheel drive baby! If you live where winters are bad, you need to look into a 4x4 vehicle.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• My kids are excused as well now but man I can't imagine driving in that much snow anywhere I may not be a bad drivier but there are those who are
    chica679

Comment by chica679 (original poster) at 10:19 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• anonymous my truck is 4x4 but the roads aren't plowed and covered w over a foot of snow
    chica679

Comment by chica679 (original poster) at 10:20 AM on Dec. 21, 2010