How long did it take you to learn how to drive?

From the day you started learning how to drive to the day you got your license. How long did it take you? How hard was it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:44 AM on Dec. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• It was not hard at all with a automatic but with a standard is a different story.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 9:57 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I don't remember how long it took me to learn to drive, maybe a month or two. I started learning at about age 12 or 13, but, of course, I couldn't get my license until I turned 16. After I got my license, I learned to drive a standard in a weekend. Neither was hard.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 9:59 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I probably still don't do it well. Probably the semster of drivers ed was all it took.
    bellsandheels

Answer by bellsandheels at 10:01 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I don't remember how long, but I think about a month of driving maybe 6-8 times, maybe an hour each, and studying the manual. I didn't take drivers training class when I was a teenager. I lived in a big city and had two older brothers that would drive me anywhere, and there was a great transportation system that we used, so I didn't learn until after I was married and moved to a rural area. DH taught me.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 10:12 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• My dad started teaching me to drive an automatic shortly before my 14th birthday, because at that time you got your permit when you turned 14 & passed the test. I wasn't allowed to get my permit til days before my 15th birthday though, and that summer I took driver's education, and did most of my learning there. Got my license on my 16th birthday.

I learned to drive a manual in 10 minutes when I was 20.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• It took me 2 days to learn how to drive a manual. I didn't have a desire to learn how to drive until the Thursday before school started my senior year. My dad took me out to drive that Thursday and Friday and I took the test on Saturday.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:56 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• 2 months
    maya123

Answer by maya123 at 11:07 AM on Dec. 21, 2010