a question

me and husband have had alot of problems in our marriage and he resents me for not wanting to be a part of his family, and for good reasons, and he does understand, and he is trying to deal with this and get through this but deep down inside my heart it hurts knowing that he resents me, he resents me and my daughter more than his family, even though they have caused alot of the problems...he wants to work on our mariage , we done couseling and thought we were working through alot of things but reality he resents me, and realized that our last fight, but he does realize he has to respect my feelings and is trying to deal with this. things are not going to be the same anymore with me my daughter and his family and he has to realize that, but deep down inside i feel like me and my daughter are in his way of being with his family, now i haven't told him he couldn't be with them or see them, i am not making him choose, but i just feel like we are in the way....our marriage feels different and i don't feel the closeness and haven't for along time, the other night when we were having sex, i started crying some, i don't feel close to him, i have sex with him just because he wants it but i fake it to make him think i am into it, but inside i am not, what is wrong with me, i love him with all my heart,

lisa98450

Asked by lisa98450 at 9:57 AM on Dec. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• well i know how u feel but me an dhubby are fine,,his mom and son have always treated me and my daughter(His kid) like crap and i tolerated it for so long..we also dont have very much sex,im just not into it.i feel close to him,,just dont know why i dont want sex..when your huspand talks to his family on the phone or goes over there,,get involved in a conversation,saying good things,like how are they doing,,thats good.etc..and dont ever talk bad about his family becouse im sure that puts him in aspot..if u dont like them fine..lol..but u have to be considerate of his feeling s too.. me and my daughte rno longewr see his son or mom,,by the way..
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 10:19 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• This is a difficult situation that requires patience and communication. If you have decided to stay with him and make it work, then, you need to focus on having a better life. Stop focusing on the negativity. Try to do the things you enjoy doing together, because I promise, if you only think about the problems, you will only have problems.
    BabyNunez

Answer by BabyNunez at 11:15 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I agree, try to lighten up and have some fun with him, things will eventually work themselves out. You need to focus on YOUR family...don't worry, if he hasn't left, he will eventually come along. I would plan some more date nights and a vacation alone with him, if that is possible.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 11:37 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I don't know how you love him. You say you are making him choose, between his family and you and your daughter. What does this say about your love. you want him to respect you? but do you respect him? This is a two way street. You keep saying "Me and my daughter".. like he is not apart of your family. You have to be completely open for this to work.
    I don't know what your issues are with his family but you want to make this work you need to sort out this great divide between you two.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 8:09 PM on Dec. 21, 2010