What is the cheapest phone plan you have found??

I spend too much on my cell service for 2 phones! I'm starting to look for the very cheapest plan either prepaid or contract to possibly change in the New Year! I use txt  alot and sometimes web but the web on mines usually to much !

Any affordable plans you are happy with???

bell3

Asked by bell3 at 10:09 AM on Dec. 21, 2010 in Money & Work

• we dont have cell phones now becouse i dont work and we dont need them,,but i always liked boost mobile
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 10:12 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I think the prepaid plans usually end up being the cheapest for what you get.
    bellsandheels

Answer by bellsandheels at 10:16 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• The cheapest we have had are the pre paid plans by Cricket and Boost mobile. They are unlimited talk, text, and web for..

Cricket- $45 a month
    Boost- $60 a month

The only downfall is not all states or cities have towers to support them. So we had to give up Cricket when we moved to Kansas last year. Bummer
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 10:22 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Tracfone prepaid

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:29 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I have virgin mobile.. the rumor lg phone cost 70 and the top up cards cost 25 a month.. the 25 bucks gets you 300 talk minutes, unlimited text and web.. the only problem i had with this phone is NO video capabilities. i didn`t know that before i bought it..other that it is great.
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 10:30 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• www.pagepluscellular.com
    $30 (no taxes or fees) = 1200 texts, 1200 minutes, 50Gb
    $45 (no taxes or fees) = unlimited texts, unlimited minutes, 30Gb

They use the verizon prepaid network and most verizon phones are compatable (except for NEW prepaids, and blackberries, and a few smart phones)
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 11:34 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• We've never been with anyone but Verizon. We're not willing to sacrifice service for price.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:58 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I have 2 cell phones for my kids through metro pcs. They cost $35 each a month. Each line you add gives you a $5 discount. They have recently upped their coverage area too. Oh and it is unlimited talk, text and web. No contracts either.
    mollgirl

Answer by mollgirl at 6:03 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Pre-paid is very cheap if you don't use them very often.

We only have a landline. Combined with our internet we pay $46 a month. It's got unlimited long distance, call waiting, and caller ID. It did take three hours of negotiating to get it though and it was back and forth back and forth with another company to see which one would offer us a better deal. I wouldn't be at all surprised if you could do the same thing.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 6:18 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• i have verizon and i have 4 phones and pay too much but ive had prepaid and wouldnt change what i have now
    honesty33

Answer by honesty33 at 6:24 PM on Dec. 21, 2010