how do u discipline your kids

sandovaledit839

Asked by sandovaledit839 at 10:19 AM on Dec. 21, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• well, some times we do a little swat on the bottom,,but latly we been making the lil one sit on the coutch for a few minutes and its more effective..
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 10:20 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I talk 1st, but sometimes doesn't seem 2 work, so then i swat the bottom, like my father always said u talk 1st, then if they don't listen then you swat the bottom. As for me and my 2 sisters we never got spanked cause we knew if we did listen then it was swatting time, i've noticed the kids now a days are a lot different then back when i was a kid. Thank u for ur answers.
    sandovaledit839

Comment by sandovaledit839 (original poster) at 10:25 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I don't hit anyone to try to teach them anything. It only teaches them to hit! This age group is a wonderful age group. They are still in the age group where they want to please mom and dad. Teach them. Talk with them. Kids learn through imitation. Show them the correct way to act. If they screw up then speak to them and explain what they did wrong. They are old enough to understand. Give them a warning to not repeat a bad behavior. Give them a consequence if they repeat (time out works great for this age group) then talk about what they did wrong and how they could have handled the situation. Let's all teach our children what we want from them not just expect them to "know better". You have have to remind them if they get off track but guide them, don't concentrate on punishment.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:26 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I teach my children 1st time obedience, to obey me the first time I ask. They are taught to obey me from a very early age (crawling, grabbing at things, etc.) If you teach them w/ swats at an early age, then they are not needed at an older age. All 4 of my kids do not hit either, even though they have been spanked, swatted, disciplined (which ever you want to call it). They are taught that hitting is wrong, but disciplining in love is not wrong. To hit someone is to be angry, and anger is not something that should be allowed. To swat someone is to teach gently, never in anger.
    huntannakay

Answer by huntannakay at 10:56 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• talk first, warn and then spank, sometimes i do a time out. depends on situation.
    MamaSince2005

Answer by MamaSince2005 at 4:00 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Removal of privileges.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 9:41 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• To be honest I yell and normally send them to their room or take away their electronics away for a time.
    zadi

Answer by zadi at 1:40 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• i send my kids to thire rooms and tell them to go to sleep beacuse they hate it when i tell them to go sleep. i dont let them go outside to play with freinds i turn off tv games and everything and put everyon in there bed.
    nadin8

Answer by nadin8 at 11:53 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• It depends on the situation. If she might be in danger  I will yell at her and get her attention, if she ignores me, then I spank her.  She use to get her feelings hurt but any more though, she laughs at me. I have done the time out more than spank and she does not like me for an hour or so.

sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 12:53 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• All the experts say not to yell and spank, yeah! Right! I don't want my child playing in traffic or biting kids or getting in trouble at school.

sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 1:00 AM on Dec. 24, 2010