I have Postpartum depression.....

I'm on Zoloft, have been for just over 2 weeks....I feel a touch better but not much. Will this NIGHTMARE ever go away? I feel like I will never ever be me again, and I will be miserable for the rest of my life....I feel like there is no hope!

PANZONSMOM

Asked by PANZONSMOM at 10:32 AM on Dec. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

• I'm so sorry.. it took me til my son was around 18 months to feel like I was completely back to ME again. I know its tough... I am sorry you have to go through this.. hugs
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:34 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Everything will be okay. I know it doesn't seem that way now, but it will. Do you have someone to talk with about your emotions Talking, crying, and letting it all out helps. Talk to your dr to see if maybe a different medicine would help better if this one isn't doing much for you. Good luck and *HUGS*!
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 10:53 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I have been there. There IS help. It does get better. It may not with your first drug, in which case try another. Add all the minor stuff in too- avoid stress (easier after the holidays). Get exercise. Get outside daily for sun exposure. You will figure a way out, for you and your family. It's the hardest thing you will ever do, but the fact that you are here asking us about it is a sign how you are trying. I hope it happens soon for you. Take care.
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 11:16 AM on Dec. 21, 2010