What the best way to study your sunday school lesson

Iam having a hard time with studing the sunday school lesson and understanding what some of it means

tinamarie1972

Asked by tinamarie1972 at 10:42 AM on Dec. 21, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Your adult Sunday school lesson, or are you teaching a children's Sunday school lesson?
    For an adult: Study the scriptures referenced. Find a good study Bible to go along w/ what you are trying to study.
    huntannakay

Answer by huntannakay at 10:49 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• If your Sunday School is anything like mine, write all the questions down and bring them up in class. Your teacher/group leader would be THRILLED to have someone who thought up really good questions, and the group could discuss them. I found that in my group, most of the people either don't read the reading, or skim it right before class and don't think about it, so anything that makes them think would really help.

A study Bible is really handy and may solve some of the basics, but in our class, discussion questions were the best. And I tell you, if I asked a question or someone else did, nobody else ever had all the answers (even, at times, the pastor). So we ALL learned more that way.
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 11:09 AM on Dec. 21, 2010