question

My husband just got a rifle and wants me to go to a shooting range with him.
Does anybody know if this will be to loud for my baby,or if it will hurt us if I were to shoot it? I am five and a half month's. thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Nov. 9, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I would not go. They are really loud. When I was preggers my doc told me to not even have the stereo up real loud. so a gunshot, whoa...i think that'd be way too loud.
    mommyof2boys813

Answer by mommyof2boys813 at 12:07 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Rifles are loud when shot and ear protection IS required at ALL ranges. I woulld not go while preggo. Because of the concussive noise on your body. Ask your Dr if it's a bad idea to be sure before you go.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/48748/

vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:15 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• I wouldn't go. Riffles are loud and the kick of the gun could prove to be trouble. I would worry more about the kick of the gun than the sound though. You could probably watch at a safe distance.
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 12:30 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• I went to a slayer concert when i was 5 mos. prego, and my baby came out just fine. BUT, i wouldnt go, leave that to be a man thing for him to do while you do something you want to do.
    Anonymous

• I dont think I would go while preggers. Rifles are so loud and although it would probably be alright I just wouldn't take any unnecessary risk!
    RhondaJ

Answer by RhondaJ at 12:47 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Umm..I bagged a 8 point buck when I was 7 months pregnant..no worries no problem. We always wear ear plugs. I wish women would quit thinking they are these breakable, fragile creature. Sheesh...and yeah..posting anonymously to avoid the bash nazis.
    Anonymous

• I was in a shooting league from 7-12 weeks pregnant (sporting clays, shooting shotguns).

I would think it's alright, but if you don't feel comfortable then don't do it. The kick of the gun, especially from a rifle, is not that strong and shouldn't have a negative physical effect on you or baby.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 2:15 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• i think it would be just fine. Ask you Dr though just to be sure.
    renee3218

Answer by renee3218 at 1:13 AM on Nov. 10, 2008