My 3 year is already a control freak. How do I stop him from being a bossy bully?

my son thinks he is the king of the other kids. He is the oldest but drags the others arond like they are his toys and tells them what to do and how to play with there toys. He will stand over his brother and tell him what button to push when and how many times and if he doesn't obey he will smack him and jump on him. I put him in timeout and explain thats not nice and not how you like to be treated so don't do it to others but does he really know what I mean? Help

hgeorge02

Asked by hgeorge02 at 12:02 PM on Nov. 9, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Well, I am sorry, but unless you get control of this situation now, you have created an animal. You have to spank his butt and show him that you, instead are boss! This sounds like a very future scary situation, unless you control HIM now. Animal children do not do well in life!
    Anonymous

• I would get his attention by spanking his butt a couple of times and THAT would get his attention.. IF you don't do it NOW, you will NEVER get control of him.. The longer you wait, the worse he will get.. Its YOUR choice, have a child that everyone hates to see coming or have one that is a delight to have around.. I spanked my kids and I promise it didn't kill them. They are still alive at the age of 15yrs and 19yrs.. and they respect me NOW.. They learn REAL QUICK when that butt goes to stinging!!
    honeys_sugamama

Answer by honeys_sugamama at 12:17 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• I agree with both pp's. My sons are 17 and 15 and we spanked them both. I very rarely have issues with them but if we need to get our point across then we just take away the car keys and cell phones if necessary. They know we mean business.
    Spank now or you'll be sorry later. Be consistant and stay strong...good luck Mom : )
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 12:27 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Sounds like a typical 3 year old to me.

Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 4:07 PM on Nov. 9, 2008