Work Cited/Bible

I am writting a speech on how children learn to lie from a very young age. How would you cite teh 10 commandments? I am using the thou shall not lie in my speech.

livingangle

Asked by livingangle at 12:11 PM on Nov. 9, 2008 in Just for Fun

Level 1 (-24 Credits)
  • I found this:
    Citing the Bible
    When citing the Bible it is important to include information about the version as there are many different interpretations.

Full title of Bible, italicized, followed by a comma and a space
    Version or edition, followed by a period and a space
    Name of editor (first name last name) followed by a period and a space
    City of publication folowed by a coloon and a space
    Publisher followed by a comma and a space
    Date of publication followed by a period.
    example:
    The New Oxford Annotated Bible with the Apocrypha, rev. standard version.
    Herbert G. May, ed. New York: Oxford University Press, 1973.

Here:
    http://library.menloschool.org/mla.html

Sounds like a great paper. I don't know if it helps, but there has been a lot of studies about primates lying. Since they are the only other animal that purposly deceives. I think chimpanzees, monke
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 1:07 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Is this the paper for your communications ethics class? I think this will make a wonderful paper! We've had to start reading a lot of Bible stories to our 3 yr. old (soon to be 4 yr. old). What's scary is that her lies are so convincing already! Will you post your paper as a journal when you finish? I'd love to read it!
    sgalsmommy

Answer by sgalsmommy at 7:56 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• First to answer my own question. There is a websites (Easybib) that will make the entire work cited page for you :) not sure how to reference them though.

I will post it for you if you want, It is a speech and the topic is actually how telling kids there is a santa clause is a lie and at the same time parents are telling their kids not lie. Its a twist and the best papers are the ones where you have to think. I will post it when I am done.
    livingangle

Answer by livingangle at 9:27 PM on Nov. 9, 2008