I am almost 48 and my Doc. put me on adderall...

I have ocd tendacies and its hard for me to stay on task sometimes but I have never heard of adults being on this medicine.Does anyone else take add meds and if so does it help you? even after discussing this with my Doc. Im still kind of skepitcal.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Dec. 21, 2010 in Health

• I don't take it but I know adults who do and they say it works wonders!! Side effect is often that food doesn't taste as good. But, you don't have to take it 24/7. Most I know don't take it on the weekends.

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:03 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I have heard of adults taking it. ADD/ADHD isn't just a childhood condition.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 11:04 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• They prescribed it to me too, I wouldn't take it, I hate drugs, they create all kinds of problems you never had to begin with that are much worse in my opinion, they mess up your liver, kidneys, they mess with your heart. Search alternative healing and see what you can come up with, I take a lot of supplements that help me, I don't eat any sugar AT ALL because it makes me unable to concentrate, and I take fish oil and a lot of other things, too many to mention here. Start by googling "homeopathic or alternative healing for OCD" & see what you come up with..take baby steps if you can't concentrate, learn one thing today and come back to it tomorrow if the infromation is too much or overwhelms you. Your diet alone has everything to do with your mental state, in the words of hypocrites "Let food be thy medicine"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• i USED TO TAKE IT IN MY 20'S - ITS FOR ADULTS TOO
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:08 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Thankyou you all very much, it really helped, I will research the naturals:))))
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:56 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I have never been prescribed, but my sister was. When i was in college, she would give me one of her adderol before a test & i can definitely say....THEY REALLY HELPED! My brain was so smart on that stuff...LOL! That's the only experience i have with it.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:52 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Make sure you look at all the research you can find about naturals... Diet modification only works in about 6% of the population to treat ADHD. The #'s may have changed but when we looked at this as an alternative for my nephew that was the current info out there. He was not able the control it with Diet and my SIL finally gave him the meds. He has excelled in school with them - where without he was in danger of failing out of HS. If you also have some OCD as well make sure you look at the research that goes with that as well. Information is good, it's how you use it that matters!! ;o)

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 3:06 PM on Dec. 21, 2010