Irregular period or implantation bleeding?

I just started my period again in October on the 4th. The next month came on the 4th, the second was a week or so later. Then this month the 4th came and went and it was the 12th that I had some very faint pink, then a day later I had some darker red, but only once. No need for a pad at all.

We have been TTC, but I am still breastfeeding and nothing has happened. Now I am getting excited and think it would be awesomely cool to be able to put a positive test in hubby's stocking. But is it going to be too soon to do that?

At the same time I don't want to get too excited if it was just an off month.

Kristin216

Asked by Kristin216 at 11:02 AM on Dec. 21, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Maybe buy a really cheap pregnancy test (I think you can get them for a dollar or two at the dollar store) and if it comes out positive yay! I wish you the best. Who knows, you may just get the most wonderful Christmas present you could ever wish for!
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 11:05 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• If it was implantation bleeding, then a test should be accurate by Christmas. It would probably be accurate now. Take a test on Friday (or earlier, if you want), and you'll know.

It could go either way at this point. Breastfeeding screws with hormones, same as pregnancy. At this point, with no other info, it's just as likely to have been implantation as an off cycle.

Good luck!
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 11:16 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Since you've been pretty regular even with bf, and you were expecting your period on the 4th, you should definitely be able to take a pregnancy by test now. (You could have taken it on the 6th, with pretty accurate results). With my first pregnancy I thought I was starting my period, but then it was very light and quit after one day...Took a test two days later and it was positive! Good luck :)
    TiffanieJohnson

Answer by TiffanieJohnson at 1:23 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Thanks ladies! I took a test this afternoon and it is positive! Thanks again!
    Kristin216

Comment by Kristin216 (original poster) at 5:57 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• CONGRATULATIONS!
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 11:28 PM on Dec. 21, 2010