Has anyone ever removed a skin tag at home?

How did you do it? What was the outcome?

gatorswife

Asked by gatorswife at 11:28 AM on Dec. 21, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I want to know to?
    sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 11:30 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Ouch! No. I went to the dr. They burned it off. They numbed the area first. I wouldn't try to remove it at home.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 11:31 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Supposedly putting a coat of clear nail polish over it twice a day (basically cutting off the air supply?) works, it takes like 2 weeks for it to disappear. I had an allergic reaction to putting nail polish over one of mine so I wasn't able to follow through with the twice a day for 2 weeks, lol! Another way, which you'd need extra hands for probably, that my dad has done for my mom - take a nice long peice of dental floss (not flavored), tie it around the tag, hold an ice cube over it til it's numb, then pull the dental floss tight and "snap" it off. Mom is fine with doing it that way, says the pain is nothing, and obviously cheaper than the doctor.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• All the time! I usually just freeze them off with a product called Wartner. After going to the dermatologist and watching him do it, I finally got wise and started doing it myself. I get them up by my neck and it drives me crazy. You simply freeze it. When you do it yourself, you have to be a little more assertive with the freeze though. So, I usually do it once, leave it on for about 20 seconds, then go back and do it again later on. Or my Dr. also said you could tie a thread around it tightly until it falls off, but I was never able to tie the thread myself. Ugh.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:54 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I just spent $150 at the dermatologist to remove several. My friend, a nurse, told me to tie a string around it till it falls off. I'm trying that next time.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 12:04 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I pulled one of mine off...it hurt like hell for a day and bled for a little bit but i applied pressure to it and it finally stopped..and now its gone!
    Amberlovesher3

Answer by Amberlovesher3 at 12:20 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I have just the one and I have tolerated it as long as I can. DH helped me tie dental floss around it last night, but we didn't "snap" it off, ouch!! I will wait and see how long it takes. It has turned almost black already and swollen, burns a bit. I have had 4 children, I can endure this! lol
    gatorswife

Comment by gatorswife (original poster) at 1:55 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Use a paste made of aspirin. It will fall off in a day or two

Answer by admckenzie at 5:13 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• It has been 24 hrs since we tied the dental floss, tag is still there, bigger, nearly black and hard. Still sore.
    gatorswife

Comment by gatorswife (original poster) at 9:53 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• whats a skin tag?
    san78

Answer by san78 at 7:22 AM on Dec. 22, 2010