engagement ring

my engagement ring i dont need since were not getting married says 14KT Plat on the inside. ex says i can sell it. does anyone know what i might get for it since its gold and plat? how does that work if i take it to a pawn store?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Dec. 21, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• No way of knowing from your description. You need to take it to a jeweler that buys and find out. A pawn shop won't give you hardly anything for it.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 11:55 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I agree. My husband sold his exes ring on eBay for $700 (he paid $2,000+) but pawn stores were offering him $100 at most.
    HeartsCombined

Answer by HeartsCombined at 11:58 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Get is appraised first. Then try to sell it. I don't think pawn shops will give you what's it's worth. Ask the jeweler what is the best way for you to sell it.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 12:16 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Pawn shops do not give you what it's worth. They don't care what it's worth. They have a minimum payment system.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 12:22 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Take it back to the jeweler he bought it from and trade it in on something you'd like

Answer by admckenzie at 5:13 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• dont pawn it
    san78

Answer by san78 at 7:21 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I would keep it.
    sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 11:31 AM on Dec. 24, 2010