Where are the moms, that never gave up on their diffiant teenager and actually made a difference?

My 14 year old is driving me nuts, Where are you and I need some tips.....

Before she runs me ragged......

KFree907

Asked by KFree907 at 12:04 PM on Dec. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

• Right here!!!! My daughters were defiant to no end, I stuck to my guns and now as adults we have the best relationship anyone could have. They got their education and are on their way up in the world. The trick is never to never give up, although at times that is all you want to do, persistence pays off.

Answer by older at 12:07 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• My mom never gave up on me. I mean I never drank, smoke, did drugs, or had sex while I was a teenager, but I was very defiant. She never gave up on me.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 12:08 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I just kept on being consistent with the rules. It was very frustrating, and didn't seem to be working, but I am so glad that I didn't kill him when I felt like it, because he is now grown and is a wonderful father to the sweetest little girl in the world. He now says that even though he said some hateful things to me then, he knew I loved him and wanted him to do the right thing. When I asked him why, he just says he was angry at the world and had to make his own mistakes. You will get through this mama.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 12:08 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I don't have a teen yet, but a friend of mine does. He's 15, she had him right after we graduated high school. She's remarried and has 2 boys with her new husband and seems to have forgotten about her oldest. He's having some behavior issues and has ADHD and she constantly says she's "given up on him, he's making their house miserable". I feel bad for the kid.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 12:17 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• My son is 20 now he went to jail was arrested twice for shop lifting went to juvenile detention for two years and ran around we were almost arrested for holding him hostage to stop him from getting into trouble. He is getting his bearings now. I stayed when everyone else gave up its hard but in the end you have to pick your battles stick to your guns and not let the mean things that come out of her mouth get to you. I heard many things and said many things but we had to figure out what we could and could not put up with.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:26 PM on Dec. 21, 2010