What can I do?

How can we explain? I also say, forgive me. I'm unsure where to post this. I've Battled Triple Negative Breast cancer all year. Every hardship imaginable. Being poor & down on our luck! Since 23 months prior DH lost his job & our insurance! On our DD's Birthday was DH's last unemployment check. Though we didn't know.. Checking act. went wild with our Mortgage & all automated bills coming out..Bouncing. People Expect Christmas gifts from us! I hate to Disappoint! And life is pure hardships & going without. I live in pain and have many problems! I don't want to share this. And I have so many bad side effects from the 3 Chemos.. With my hands, feet, fingers., toes, & knees. I drop things & they shatter.. I also have had many unbearable Migraines .

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 12:10 PM on Dec. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I find it hard to believe anyone who knows what you are going through would expect gifts of any sort from you with the exception of maybe your young children. For them I would go to the Salvation Army, or a local church for help...everyone else forget about! Just work on getting better, Good luck to you and happy holidays.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:15 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• If anyone is expecting you to give them gifts this year, they need to grow up and open their eyes. Do not give anyone gifts that you can't or don't feel like, and do not feel guilty about it. Do what you can do just for your own immediately family, even if it's nothing more than watching a movie and cuddling and having some hot chocolate. If they can't see past your struggles for stupid presents, they need a swift kick in the backside. Do for you, not for them.
    Anonymous

• I am so sorry. I wish I could really do something for you. Don't worry about gifts for anyone else but children. hug
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 1:15 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• The gift you give is your love. That is enough and you need not feel guilty. I really want to express over and over that having a loving family is much more important than any gift. We love to spend time together and are grateful for each day.
    Love to you honey. Every day your here with your family is a blessing. Hug and love them.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 1:36 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• hugs

I'm sorry, Linda, and wish there was something I could do or say to help. No one will expect gifts from you, and if they do...bah humbug on them! ((((hugs))))

vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 1:36 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I would hope that people would understand that with everything you and your family has been through they would not expect it. You should not feel guilty at all. I hope that things turn around for you and your family soon. hugs

MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 4:47 PM on Dec. 21, 2010