So overwhelmed..Christmas Vent adult content

Is anyone else just feeling totally overwhelmed by Christmas? I do not have the time to get everything done that I need to get done. Family just changed the Christmas Day plans on me. I have to work thru thursday (Im at work now). I only have wed night to grocery shop and get everything done. Friday morning I have to bake, then go cook at family thing, go to church and then do family christmas. Come home and put together casseroles for Christmas morning. I am so stressed out and angry about my mom and dad deciding to go to my brothers. Any one else just give up? I cant even wrap or do anything I enjoy this holiday because I have had too much other stuff going on. Saturday I will have to cook and I have to work sunday. I reallywanted a Christmas break to enjoy time with family!

ria7

Asked by ria7 at 12:11 PM on Dec. 21, 2010 in Holidays

• So sorry to hear you are so overwhelmed, don't let it get to you, do what you can and what you can't will just have to wait.

Answer by older at 12:19 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Sorry to hear this. Is there anyway to take an inventory of what you have to do and literally cut some of it out? Reduce some of the food, use gift bags instead of wrapping everything, etc? Could you buy some of the baked goods this year? Our grocery store is pretty basic but has a great bakery section. Especially scale down Christmas Day so you have some time to really relax. Your family will understand. I always write down what I have to get done each day. Do you do that? It might help you prioritize. I wish you all the best. hug
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 1:11 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Yes i have a list. I already changed out sheets, put leaf in table and my mom was doing christmas brunch. She cancelled last night so now i have to figure out food on christmas day. I was just already busy and hubbys family is wanting me to help prepare their meal which just leaves no tiem to prepare my meal on christmas day. I have been so upset all morning I cant think straight to get a menu together. I think I have it figured out..I am thankful for my family and my home. I jus thave too much on my plate and went off on hubby about it and I feel terrible. I hate being the one who always has to figure everything out..I am really just out of answers today. Im tired and the family drama didnt help.
    ria7

Comment by ria7 (original poster) at 1:22 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I have had to figure out childcare for the end of this week and next week. My cousin got married last weekend so that took up my only day off. This week i have Christmas eve and Christmas day off but it leaves no time to prepare..I just want to go to the store!! anyway thanks for letting me vent. I know this is just how it is being a mom sometimes but I just need a break!
    ria7

Comment by ria7 (original poster) at 1:25 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I have to work thru Thursday also. I'm hoping the boss gets the Christmas spirit and lets us leave early. I've finally finished Christmas shopping and everything is wrapped except for one gift and I have the 24th off so that helps, and we already have dinner planned for Christmas Eve.

1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 1:52 PM on Dec. 21, 2010