Preparing dd for her grandma's surgary

OK so my dd is 4 and is very very very close to my mom, well yesterday she found out that she has to have surgary on her head where they will likely have to shave off some of her hair and I need to prepare dd for this I don't want her to be scared of my mom after this so how do I talk to her or should my mom do it?

bree_gabys_mom

Asked by bree_gabys_mom at 12:18 PM on Dec. 21, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Both of you should do it, either together or separately. If you explain before it happens, then remind her just before she see her after the surgery, that should be fine. Please don't take her to the hospital. Many people do that, and it can be tramatic for a young child.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 12:22 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Just explain it to her. Tell her the doctors are going to help gma get better, but her hair was in the way, so they cut it. It will grow back. A four year old shouldbe able to understand without being scared if you talk to her about it. Can yur mom wear a hat or scarf or something on he head afterward. I think both of you should be able to talk to her. Good luck toyour mom and your family!
    EverydayMomma

Answer by EverydayMomma at 12:27 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• -sorry for typos, typing one handed, baby in the other!
    EverydayMomma

Answer by EverydayMomma at 12:28 PM on Dec. 21, 2010