self harm rehab center?

we are thinking about sending are kid to a cutting rehab center. what is it like?
it would be super helpful if u have sent ur kid to one or have been to one. thanks:D

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:19 PM on Dec. 21, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• My dd went to Genarose in Rochester, MN connected with Mayo Clinic. She was there for psychological issues with self harm, and her bi-polar was out of control and she was seeing and talking to imaginary people. The place was really good to her. They have "classes" learning coping skills and counseling one on one and in group. They learn to eat healthy, take their meds, etc. She was there for 3 weeks and says she would go again if needed. HTH
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 2:12 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Do it. My sister was a cutter and did other things to harm herself. It's not just harming themselves. The action comes from something they need worked out. My sister never got real help and ended up dead at 34. Take care of it now.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 5:28 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I was a cutter so hardcore as a teen that I required not only stitches but surgeries. Eventually my well-meaning parents put me into a treatment place (also minnesota, not mayo though) and the focus was so intense on therapy that no one even NOTICED i was still cutting, until the gangrene began to smell.

if you cannot find a day school or out patient facility I'd trust no one but these people. http://www.selfinjury.com/index.html
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 11:10 PM on Dec. 22, 2010