newborns and pets

i have a 8 month old puppy named batman that is a dauchund/black lab mix. i am not due til june, but what can i do to prepare my puppy for the baby? batman is a very attached dog who loves to cuddle at night and loves attention! he is very sweet but i am afraid when i bring baby home that he will get jealous. i dont want batman to start being aggresive with the baby for attention... what can i do? any other mamas that had a animal experience a newborn??
any advice is great!

1sttimemom2011

Asked by 1sttimemom2011 at 12:20 PM on Dec. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

• I sent my mom to my house with one of my sons hospital blankets so my dog at least recognized his scent.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 12:23 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• good idea!
    san78

Answer by san78 at 1:55 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I have black lab, he was about 11 months when I had my son, he would not jump on me, but he would jump in front of me and not let me throught while I had baby in my arms, I started ignoring him when he acted up, and when I had the time and relized he was behaving I made sure I rewarded him, It was hard for awhile, but now 10 months later he plays with the baby more than the other 2!!
    proudestmomma02

Answer by proudestmomma02 at 2:02 PM on Dec. 21, 2010