this is my 2nd set of foster children socialworker says i can adoption. socialworker takes the children out ur home before 6 months. I want to adopted. why is it so hard 2 keep child when they take them out of a good home

Respect466

Asked by Respect466 at 12:23 PM on Dec. 21, 2010 in Adoption

• I'm sorry, but I can't answer that because I can't figure out what you're asking.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 12:26 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Were their birthparents' right already terminated when the kids came to live with you? There are no guarantees that foster children won't be returned to their birthparents until the rights are terminated. We had friends who had 2 little girls with them for over 4 years before they were finally able to adopt. It's difficult, I know, but you could be the only chance a child has. Good luck and bless you.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 12:28 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• What?
    Luuckymommy

Answer by Luuckymommy at 4:00 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• It may seem like they are just hanking them around....but always they have a plan of action. It is not a reflection of you as a parent, it is what is in the best interest as a child. As hard as it is - they have to make a decision about who is the best family possible for those children. You may not be the best fit. It doesn't mean you are bad or someone is abetted parent, it means their situation may be better for the kids. It is hard. It feels like they are saying your not good enough. And keep in mind their biological family may be the family of choice right now. You may never know why. You just have to have faith it is the right thing.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 6:02 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• If you have only had 2 placements (siblings or not) that have stayed less than 6 months, then you are closer to your "forever children" every day. Whenever a child leaves, you know that he or she was not the one (or more) meant for you at this time. Maybe they will come back, maybe not. But know in your heart that you have done a good thing by providing a safe & loving home to children who needed your for as long as they needed you. Who knows how long the next one will stay, perhaps forever. Take one day at a time and allow yourself to love each and every child as if he or she were the last one. Let the workers do their jobs, and you continue to take your "job" seriously in nurturing and caring for those placed with you. God bless you & Merry Christmas!
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 4:37 PM on Dec. 22, 2010