Dating

Is it stupid to want to start dating again in less then a year of a divorce?(6 months) My marriage was basically over for a long time. We were just going through the motions. I'm tired of being alone, and to be brutally honest I miss sex. I'm not looking for the next husband. Just someone to spend time with.

Rainbow1970

Asked by Rainbow1970 at 12:30 PM on Nov. 9, 2008 in Relationships

• Why would it be stupid? You're divorced, not dead. If I ever got a divorce I'd have something set up within the week. Lol. I wouldn't want to be alone either. I say go ahead and start dating, there's no law or rule that says you have to wait at ALL. Have fun!!!
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 12:40 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• No it isn't stupid. BOB isn't the same as having a warm blooded man next to you. I'd do it. :)
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 12:40 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• I think that youve waited plenty long enough......U shouldnt have to be alone if you dont want to be its human to be lonley, so get out there and have fun!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 12:42 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• i think looking for a serious relationship this soon after would be a mistake. but since your not, go for it!! have fun!! just be safe about it!!
    Pudge_Pie20

Answer by Pudge_Pie20 at 12:46 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Ok stupid question # 2. Other then the people I already know(which of course are just friends) the only way I can think to meet a man worth dating is online or at a nightclub. Any opinions one way or the other about either of these? Of course I would be very careful with meeting then either way. I just don't want a "booty call". I want someone for an occasional dinner out, a movie, intelligent conversation, dancing,and of course the occasional "safe" sex! Does a guy like this exist or is he just in my imagination?
    Rainbow1970

Answer by Rainbow1970 at 1:18 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Life is too short. If you are ready - go for it. The only time it is recommended a person wait is when they are broken hearted, angry or not over their ex yet. In these cases, dating can make you feel worse. But you sound totally ready. Have fun!!
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 1:19 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Just dating is OK..Relationships,It's to early...I say date away,,Have some fun

Answer by louise2 at 1:19 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• I just read your second post. I found my boyfriend through the online personals - match.com. I met lots of guys - many whom I wasn't attracted. Then I met one I kinda liked and we dated for 6 months. It didn't work out which was perfect timing. Then 2 weeks later I met my boyfriend. He was separated and wasn't divorced for another year (complicated divorce). We've been together for almost 2 years. I've been very happy. We've hit a few bumps along the way (what relationship doesn't) but I love him very much. I'm thankful we met through match. (continued)
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 1:24 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• We found each other in a way where we found we had so much in common even before we met. But even though we met this way, we still needed to go through all the dating rituals. Online personals are a great way of meeting - but it is just a tool. Nothing is perfect and you still have to make sure you feel comfortable and safe with the guy. Use your instincts.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 1:25 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Thanks for your answers. Anyone have any cute, sexy brothers or friends that live in the south???
    LOL
    Rainbow1970

Answer by Rainbow1970 at 1:42 PM on Nov. 9, 2008