Disney Horror Movie?

We were watching "Beauty and the Beast" on the Disney Channel last night. Sarah was so excited that it would be on. There is a scene in it when Belle is running through the woods on horseback and wolves are chasing her. Sarah told me she was going to cover her eyes with her blankie(it would still be on after bedtime, so she had to be ready for bed before it came on) and said "it is a horror movie." At the same time, CJ was saying "it's not scary, Sarah." Fred and I both laughed and said no it is not a horror movie.
So it got me thinking, have your kids ever said a Disney movie was a horror movie?

nova.mommy

Asked by nova.mommy at 12:26 PM on Dec. 21, 2010 in Entertainment

• Oh yea.. especially the older Disney classics. They have alot of dark scenes in them and the spooky music to accompany those scenes lol
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 12:29 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I felt that way about that scene as a kid! That and "The Little Mermaid" when Ursula gets mad...scared the crap outta me at 5 years old!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 12:28 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• There are scary parts in a lot of Disney movies. In fact, most of them have some pretty scary ideas and images.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 3:21 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I can not see any of my children being that affected by a cartoon. They know they are not real.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 12:28 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• scared the crap outta me at 5 years old!
    Sarah will be 5 in January. I was thinking age may have something to do with it.
    nova.mommy

Comment by nova.mommy (original poster) at 12:35 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• My son was petrified of Ursula. If anyone mentioned that movie he would get so scared. He was 7! We went on vacation and they had a special movie night in the pool. It was so cute, but they played the Little Mermaid so we had to run right out. I have no idea why Disney does that. They are so mis-informed if they think kids like that.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:58 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• nope
    tricia1332

Answer by tricia1332 at 9:46 PM on Dec. 28, 2010